Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Blues


Once again, Monday happened and I was totally unprepared for its arrival. I don't think there is such a thing as a long weekend, weekends are all heartbreakingly short. So many plans and schemes and so little accomplished...


Even this past weekend, with its extended peace and quiet, slipped by me. Rather than seizing the moments and exerting control over them, squeezing productivity into every second, I sifted the hours like sand through my fingers, gazing dreamily as the moments fell like worn and smoothed grains, amounting to nothing. The few things I managed to do were as footprints on the beach, blown by new winds until unrecognizable or washed away by the next wave of life. Definitely washed away by the tidal wave of the returning offspring.

My entire list of "Things To Do" was left undone. Two days of doing nothing and I am still exhausted.

Maybe because one of those undone "Things To Do" was to take a nap.

No comments: